Monday, November 30, 2009

Another major revelation

Pin It
Not only has God put me in a POSITION to walk in grace, NOT EXPECTING ME TO GET EVERYTHING RIGHT; He also DOESN'T EXPECT ME TO FIGURE EVERYTHING OUT.


I am God's workmanship (his work in progress; in His hands; He's the One molding and shaping and changing me by the power of His Spirit; I'm not in charge if I'm submitted to Him; I need only trust Him and obey His word and leading; He is the Potter, I am the clay) created in Christ Jesus to do good works which He ordained beforehand.

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10


"not by works, so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:9

"Are you so foolish and so senseless and so silly? Having begun [your new life spiritually] with the [Holy] Spirit, are you now reaching perfection [by dependence] on the flesh?" Galatians 3:3 Amplified Bible

I have been so recently frustrated by my own failures and sin. So often I've allowed my emotions to get the best of me and decide my course of action. Whether out of good intention or bad, I've followed my feelings instead of waiting on the Lord's direction or seeking His counsel at all. I had gotten so frustrated and discouraged that when reaching for my bible this morning, the devil was right there whispering in my ear, "you don't feel like doing this right now. Its so hard to follow the Lord. (So much work; it's tiring giving yourself to obey His word, and to do the right thing when those around you that you love and care about are not interested in God's ways and only hurt you and themselves in the process; it takes so much effort and you don't have the energy)." Praise the Lord He caused me to recognize the devil's subtle deception (just like in the garden of Eden) and the Holy Spirit brought back to my remembrance, "And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." (Galatians 6:9).

I DO have the energy devil, I have the Lord's energy, His "dunamis" power living inside of me. "and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power." Ephesians 1:19 The original Greek word used for "power" in this verse was, "dunamewv." It comes from the word "du/namai" and is where we get the English word "dynamite." Can you imagine, mighty dynamite power at work in us...???

"Hi-yah" with the sword of the spirit!!!


The overwhelming excitement and gratitude that's come with this deeper revelation of what Jesus has done for me leaves me with a desire to DO something. I run around like a giddy child, looking and praying for someone to come my way so that I can TELL them about Jesus; about WHY we need Him and how gracious and merciful God is. I felt like, this new humility, knowing that I am scum and Jesus saved me from my state of disgust, was a key to unlocking the secret of God's power, something the church is lacking in America. However, I was arrogant in my assumption.


Its amazing how subtly and quickly our good intentions can switch to pride and arrogance, self-righteousness and judgment; all the more proof that I DESPERATELY need Jesus. I may have made it sound like a bad thing, but I truly believe this desire is a holy desire; I just jumped ahead of the Lord. Much like Peter, given the revelation of Jesus being the Son of God and the Messiah prophesied about in the scriptures, I jumped ahead of Him. I was, out of a sincere, exciting and overwhelming desire to announce Jesus to the whole world, asking God to keep me humble so He could show up with His mighty power to back up what I knew to be true. But, I wasn't seeking His agenda. I was seeking my own.

Pretty soon I was asking God to provide an opportunity for "me" to minister to people......*scratch*.....did you catch that? Asking for an opportunity for ME to minister...


It truly is my desire for the Lord to show up in power and turn the hearts of people to Himself, and even if they have been born again, to renew their devotion to Him with a deeper understanding in the knowledge of who He is and His mighty power in and for us who are in Christ. (Ephesians 1:17-20) But somehow, very subtly, my focus had gotten off of His agenda and onto my own....EVEN out of good intentions.


Let that be a lesson on how our "good intentions" are never enough to "get us into heaven." My "righteousness is as filthy rags" (Isaiah 64:6) to God. His ways are perfect. (2 Samuel 22:31, Matthew 5:48) His plans are perfect. (Deuteronomy 32:4) And my ways are not His ways. (Isaiah 55:7-9) Apart from Him I have and can do no good. (John 15:5) He is my life. Without His life I am spiritually dead and doomed for death, destruction and an eternity in hell. Not because of an unmerciful God, but because of my own sin and disobedience to Him and His word. God's mercy was shown when He sent his Son Jesus to earth (the real reason for Christmas), gave Him as a payment for my sin and disobedience, and raised Him back to life for my victory over all things, and He now sits in the place of highest authority and power, both in heaven and on the earth. (Ephesians 1:20-22) How can I attempt to go off on my own agenda? It will lead to nowhere.


What does all this have to do with "not having to figure everything out?" I was running off of my own understanding of things, my own agenda, trying to figure out who, what, where, why and how I was going to live for the Lord and do His will. I had it all so very wrong. I couldn't figure it all out if I wanted to. I only see a glimpse of the whole picture God sees. And apart from His equipping and power, I can't even do anything about that "glimpse." I need to cling to the Lord, submitting myself to Him and trusting Him to give me what I need and to rely on Him for the "who, what, when, where, why and how's" to get answered....in His timing.



Thank You Lord. You are my Life and my Light. I am dead and nothing without You. Thank You for Your mercy. Keep me humble Lord and keep me quiet. Keep me awake and aware of Your leading. I love You Lord.


Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment