Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Shout to the Lord

Pin It
Its become pretty standard for us to have the radio on 24 hours a day at our home tuned in to the local Christian radio station. This morning as I was drinking my coffee and playing Frontierville (ha ha) an old favorite came on and I found myself sitting in my car at one of my old jobs having lunch on my lunch break. This same song was playing. I was so caught up in the goodness of the Lord that day as I belted out that song with hands raised in my little car in the middle of the parking lot. I didn't care who happened to notice the "crazy" girl in the car. I was in awe of the Lord and His goodness, mercy and power. My God could do ANYTHING.

As I sat here listening to that song and reliving that moment from almost 10 years ago, I admit, I was wondering why it wasn't like that anymore? Had I forgotten just how powerful God was? What was it that stopped me from being so caught up in all that He is that the cares of this world just disappear?

...the cares of this world...

I had forgotten how big God is. I had forgotten that He holds all of me in His hands. He is in control, not me...and not the cares of this world. I had let my situations and circumstances, no matter how petty or overwhelming they might be, dictate how big God is instead of letting how big God is dictate how small my situations and circumstances were.

As I'm wrapping up this note, another song comes on the radio and its so fitting. "Show Me Your Glory" by Third Day. And that is my prayer. "Show me Your glory...I wanna see Your face," then I can once again be in awe of You and all that You are, and when I get back to "my life" I won't settle for ordinary things.



These are the lyrics to "Shout to the Lord" and "Show Me Your Glory". If you've never heard them, you should look them up. They are great songs.



Shout to the Lord



My Jesus, my Saviour

Lord there is none like You

All of my days I want to praise

The wonders of Your mighty love
My comfort, my shelter

Tower of refuge and strength

Let every breath, all that I am

Never cease to worship You
Shout to the Lord

All the Earth, let us sing

Power and majesty

Praise to the King

Mountains bow down

And the seas will roar

At the sound of Your name
I sing for joy at the works

Of Your hands

Forever I'll love You

Forever I'll stand

Nothing compares

To the promise I have

In You





Show Me Your Glory


I caught a glimpse of your splendor

In the corner of my eye

The most beautiful thing I've ever seen

It was like a flash of lightning

Reflected off the sky

And I know, I'll never be the same


Show me Your Glory.

Send down Your presence

I wanna see Your face.

Show me Your glory.

Majesty shines about You,

I can't go on without You Lord.



When I climb down the mountain,

and get back to my life,

I won't settle for ordinary things.

I'm gonna follow You forever

For all of my days

I won't rest 'till I see You again
BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment