Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday's Favorites and a Few Ramblings

Pin It

Ahhh...today is one of those days where homeschooling is more of a chore than a joy.  I'm still learning to manage my expectations along with the amount of time I need to spend "doing school" each day.  And also my lack of patience!!  I know this is a learning process, but some days I'm harder on myself than others. I'm holding on to God's promise that  He "is FAITHFUL" 

"God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord."  1 Corinthians 1:9  

God must know where I'm at in this homeschool process because I got a random text message during the week from one of my old pastors, a man I deeply admire and who God has used richly in my life.

homeschool homeschooling boys


"He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it." 1 Thessalonians 5:24

Do I think God has called me to homeschool?  I can't say that I've heard God in a loud booming voice telling me to.  But I do believe that as a parent, I am to be the greatest influence in my children's lives and it's my responsibility to protect them until they are mature enough to decide to follow the path God has laid out for them.

So...even though today I felt like throwing in the towel because my 5 year old would rather roll around on the floor than listen to the history of the world or what plants and animals need to survive, I'll thank God that today is FRIDAY and next week will be brand new.

Here are a few of my favorite things from this week:


homeschool homeschooling boyshomeschool homeschooling boys                               




homeschool homeschooling boys
Fox in Socks!!  The boys LOVED this book and I loved that Phillip was reading to his brother.

homeschool homeschooling boys
The Cat in the Hat - Elijah's favorite book at the moment.  


homeschool homeschooling boyshomeschool homeschooling boys

homeschool homeschooling boyshomeschool homeschooling boys


























Piano Lessons with Aunt Jackie

homeschool homeschooling boys
Phillip said he wants to visit the "Awful" Tower one day.  ;)


homeschool homeschooling boyshomeschool homeschooling boys
Elijah working hard on his numbers.


homeschool homeschooling boys
Moondough 'O's and r'O'cks


But most of all my favorites are superheroes and my boys' smiles!!


homeschool homeschooling boys








<-Spiderman





Hulk and     Thor---->









No comments:

Post a Comment